Seed Culture Labs is the fine gardening and ecological design practice of Andy Moskowitz. I am available to for hire on garden design, implementation, and maintenance, from the urban townhouse homestead to the rural smallacre estate or hobby farm/orchard. I use ecological methods to create beautiful, nourishing, biodiverse, and cozy environments for the “home outside the house.” I delight in designing creative solutions to directly meet your unique set of needs and desires.
- Fruit orcharding: Locating, planting, pruning, training, and grafting for year-round deliciousness. Temperate, subtropical, and experiments with climate-marginal species. Heirloom and novel cultivars. Organic fertility renewal and pest control methods. Grafting of multi-variety ‘frankentrees’ that extend the range of flavors and harvest season. Custom tree training and espaliers.
- Ornamental habitat gardens in formal and naturalistic styles, incorporating native Californian flora in targeted support of pollinator diversity, birds, butterflies, and other wildlife.
- Annual cropping gardens for vegetable and cut flower harvests.
- Infrastructure: Drip irrigation, rainwater catchment systems, solar greenhouse design concepts, raised beds, compost systems.
- Documentation and conceptual drawings.
I am a qualified rater for the Monterey Bay Friendly Landscaping program—a standards certification that guides the creation of developed landscapes that conserve, protect, and enhance the natural environment of our region—and can help facilitate the transformation of your grounds to meet these standards.
Please send me a note including a few details of your situation, and I will get back to you to schedule a free phone consultation.